Happy New Year! We’re ready to get back to the grindstone and dig into some good work. Bring on the new projects and installs, 2018! Before we get too deep into remodeling talk, though, we want to spotlight on another fantastic member of our team: Sara.
Read on below to learn all about Sara’s job as our Estimating Manager, her design background, and everything from her passions to favorite spots around town.
1. What is your job title? Estimating Manager.
2. What do you do for your clients? In short, my job is to ensure all estimate requests are fulfilled as promptly and accurately as possible. We want to make the process efficient and easy for our customers!
3. What’s your education and work background? In 2008 I earned my B.S. in Interior Design. I have worked in the construction and home improvement industry for ten years! My previous jobs have included CAD and Revit work, retail sales of flooring, tile, and countertops, and interior/exterior design selections for new home builders and remodelers. I have been at Select Surfaces for three years as an estimator.
4. Describe your personality in three words: Amiable, introverted, and focused.
5. How does your job connect to your passions? What do you enjoy about it? My favorite part of the design process is space planning and the technical design aspects. Much of my work is on commercial projects, and I enjoy digging into large architectural plans, or complicated custom designs, and figuring out what it will take to make everything come together.
6. What do you like to do in your free time? Read books, binge-watch the latest series on Netflix, and work on stained glass projects. Right now, I’m in the middle of repairing a broken lamp shade for a friend.
7. What does the word home mean to you? A place of comfort.
8. What’s your favorite current design trend? I love Quartz that looks like natural stone. You get all of the beauty, warmth, and uniqueness with none of the maintenance!
9. What’s your favorite thing to do around town? Taking my daughter to the Como Zoo and visiting the conservatory.
10. What’s your favorite place in your home? My family room. It’s where we spend most of our time, and in the winter there’s usually a fire going. (Sounds perfect for this cold weather!)
Thanks again for chatting with us, Sara; lookout for more fun Q&A sessions with our talented team in 2018!
Thank you all again, looks outstanding! We appreciate everyone’s hard work on this project. You guys and gals are the best!
- Sam S.-Albertville, MN read more »